vrijdag 11 februari 2011

Song I Wrote - The World Will Keep Turning

The second self-made song I post on this blog (you can find the first one here). I kind of like this one myself, though I find it difficult to judge my own songs, and my opinion of them differs quite often.
And to be honest, the quality is crappy and listening to it just now, it has sounded a lot better in my own ears than this version..
You'll probably be able to hear more songs from me somewhere this year, I'll keep you updated.




The world will keep turning

And I know the world will keep turning after I’m gone.
So we’ll go go go, go on, on our own.
and it will leave us tired, in our own little rooms.
where there’s no use for trying if you want to grow grow grow.

So please come here so we can fight
Through our own little fears that keep us behind
So we won’t be scared anymore to show it to the world
The sounds of our hearts will tear it apart.

I know I know I know I know you don’t want to go
The fear traps your mind and leaves us paralyzed
I fear I fear I fear that if I try to go and fail
My mind will shatter like glass so I stay hypnotised

By my own fears
In this high tower
Afraid to fall down and break..

So please come here so we can fight
Through our own little fears that keep us behind
So we won’t be scared anymore to show it to the world
The sounds of our hearts will tear it apart.

5 opmerkingen:

  1. It's always hard to get the sound right on a music home video. But extrapolating from what I could hear, I think a version in studio quality would sound great. I like the text and the melody stays in my head. I also like the pause.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I like the overal sound of the song, I really do.
    Besides I am a great fan of low-fi sounds and music, I often find demo versions more interesting to listen to than studio versions, because it's raw and honest.
    But I can't help it to find the lyrics a bit depressing, it would be greater if there was an epiphany into seeing the positive. But then again, just getting it out sometimes can be great too.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Wanneer komt er weer een nieuwe post? :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Why do I find myself whistling or humming this tune so often... must be a good one!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen