maandag 22 november 2010

Song I Wrote Myself - Moving On

Okay, so this is one of the earliest songs I've written. I have to say I don't think it's a good song, there's a huge list of things that are wrong with this song, and I dare say it's not my best song, but I enjoy playing it, and actually I like some of the ideas I had.
I do have to say that the lyrics are awful, especially the second verse. I would still appreciate criticism, comments, tips, anything you can say about it because I would like to learn from it. Thanks in advance, and enjoy.



Moving On
I'm so sorry, I'm so sad
You have to go, oh no
But I know the only thing we ever had
It's just a show, it's just a show

And I fear this is all we're ever
Going to get
Even if we try to think beyond
The words we said

You'll go on
You'll go on
And inspire to greatness
You'll go on
You'll go on
And I'll just try to do the same thing

You taught me everything I know
You showed me everything I love, I love
You introduced me to myself
For this I thank you so much, so much

You'll go on
You'll go on
And inspire to greatness
You'll go on
You'll go on
And I'll just try to do the same thing

It hurts so much
And it always did
And it always will
It always will

You are living my dream
And I can never get close enough
Not by just watching
I have to let go

4 opmerkingen:

  1. I think it's a nice song. I am just wondering who this awesome person is(assuming it is) this is pointed towards.
    I am very curious how this would sound with more than one instrument. One day perhaps..

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I think it's a song that works best acoustic. Perhaps simple percussion, some kind of bass. Maybe piano.
    And yes, who is this person?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. It's not something I would listen to often, but you can blame that on me. It's nice^^
    Though, please shoot me now. I know you, but I can't remember your name...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Wat een zielig liedje Ster! Ik vind het wel mooi... en misschien kun je in het refrein iets extra's toevoegen, zoals een tweede stem of een extra instrument of hoger zingen, zodat 't refrein er meer uitspringt. Ben ook benieuwd waar het precies over gaat..heb wel een vermoeden! Maar dat ga ik je binnenkort vragen. Succes met leren.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen