dinsdag 16 november 2010

Have the Stars Dropped?

"Have the stars dropped?" He asked, looking at me with his big blue eyes.
The sun was just starting to peer through the trees and he pointed up to the sky. His other hand safely trapped in mine.
I looked at him, his blond hair was still slightly tangled from the night. And he was humming to himself, as if the stars weren't of any interest to him anymore.
What a beautiful life it must be. The innocence and the truth of heart he still possesses.
"I promise you" I said, "that the stars will come back to greet you even this evening. And we'll go and watch them together."
"Really?" He looked at me in astonishment, as if he could not believe that the stars would come back just for him.
"Really."

A big smile brightened his face and he began to play with the grass.
And I sat next to him, peering over the lake, feeling as if life made sense. Beside me, the sweet, adorable humming of a child who can still imagine.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. I wish I was still a child.. Back when I was still able to be truly amazed by the night sky and other fantastic things the world seemed to be full of.
    I like this short-story..

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Sometimes that world can come back.

    But only if you look for it. And it can be hard to find the time. But when you do find it, you forget time.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I think reading this blog can help you with becoming child again.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen